- 6 c old-fashioned oats
- ½ c Maplecrest pure maple syrup
- ½ c honey
- ⅓ c oil (we prefer coconut oil)
- 4 T butter
- 1 T vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 8 ounces pecans, chopped
- 1 c unsweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- 1 c pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- ½ c raw wheat germ
- ½ c flax or sesame seeds
- 2 c dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Divide oats between two jellyroll pans. Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring oats and rotating pans between upper and lower racks halfway through.
- In large bowl, combine pecans, coconut, pepitas, wheat germ and sesame seeds. In saucepan, combine maple syrup, honey, oil and butter. Heat gently until butter is melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt. Add a few generous shakes of cinnamon if you like. Add liquid ingredients and toasted oats to the large bowl and stir everything until combined.
- Spray same pans with cooking spray. Spread oat mixture in pans. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once and rotating pans halfway through. Cool pans on wire racks for 30 minutes.
- You can add the cherries now or save until serving.
- Break granola into large chunks. Transfer to airtight containers. Store at room temperature for up to two weeks.